Thursday, September 18, 2014

...I did it again, didn't I?

Yeah, I did. I didn't post for... uh, over a year, this time.

I have actually been knitting and crocheting during my extended (unintentional) absence. In 2013, I set myself the goal of completing 12 projects, an average of one per month. I met that goal, and even exceeded it. My 12 tracked projects were:
I also completed:
  • Hat and Nappy Cover #2: Ladybug
  • Hat and Nappy Cover #3: Giraffe
  • Hat and Nappy Cover #4: Jack-o-Lantern
  • Hat and Nappy Cover #5: Bunny
  • Iron Man wrist warmers for my wife
  • Easy Baby Cardigan and matching Jester Hat for a co-worker
  • Conan Quote cross-stitch for my mother-in-heart.
  • Cozy fleece sweater for my wife
  • Green and Brown socks for my nephew - one of the pair was done in time for Christmas, they're both done now.
  • Bodacious Bootie slippers in Charisma Lakeside for my daughter
  • Bodacious Bootie slippers in Charisma Lakeside for my wife
  • Bodacious Booties Slippers for my son
  • Spooky Hallowe'en socks for my wife
  • Captain America wrist warmers and 'boots' (leg warmers) in plain red, as part of my Hallowe'en costume
(Links all point back to deviantART, where I tracked this whole undertaking.)

In 2014, I set myself the goal of knitting 14 pairs of socks... and then promptly got myself all involved in non-sock projects. =/ I think I've only completed two pairs of socks, so far, this year. I have quite a few victims of second-sock-syndrome... hm. Eight, actually, if my count is correct. Does that count as four pairs of socks completed, since there are eight socks actually done, even if none of them go together?

I've made lots and lots of other things, in the meantime. I crocheted a couple dozen scrubbies and either knitted or crocheted five market bags - five and a half, since there's one in progress. I made a scarf for myself and a sweater for my mother-in-law. I cross-stitched Americana for my parents. I sewed a comfy sweater wrap for my wife to use at home, since she likes her keep-at-work one so much. I made a few purses - knitted two, sewed two. I knitted several shrug sweaters. I made a slouchy beanie and a pair of Bodacious Booties for an online friend, in exchange for some beautiful art. I have a couple of afghans on the go, one just plain orange by request and one from a Mary Maxim afghan kit. I have a baby surprise jacket on the needles, a poncho for my wife hibernating in a yarn tote, and another poncho for my wife nearly completed. And I have yarn for another afghan, and just started a colourwork slouch hat for my wife.

My wife and I also tried yarn dyeing and yarn bleaching for the first time, and had all kinds of fun with it. And I got a Rainbow Loom, and made a whole bunch of rubber band bracelets.

I think I need to get back on track with the socks, though, yeah? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment